Temporary Address

Temporary Address

Friday, March 2, 2012

The Molly Chronicles

Hi, Everyone,

Some of you noted that border collies and Australian shepherds are used to working all day long, and you wondered, given my border collie/Aussie heritage, what I do for a living.

It's true that I don't have any sheep or goats to tend, and I miss that. Sometimes I herd other white fuzzy animals like dogs and chickens and cats. Humans tend to get very excited when I try to herd cats and chickens.

One of my many responsibilities is to protect the back yard from squirrels. They get into the birdseed, and make a mess out of the bird feeder. Also, they have no respect for noble dogs like me, but climb up into the trees and chatter and laugh at me.

Here are some shots of me mitigating the squirrel menace:

I first set eyes on the enemy:



Patiently, I stalk my prey.


Cunning, crafty, he makes his assault on the bird feeder.


Has he no shame??????


I make my move. Bark, bark bark, growl, growl, you're squirrel meat.






All quiet on the western front.

Just another day's work for a noble dog.

I think I'll take a nap.

Molly


 

No comments:

Post a Comment