Temporary Address

Temporary Address

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Writing, Friendship, and Canadian Tree Fairies

Hi, Readers,

This is Molly's human, and I'm posting a story that I wrote several years ago.  I'll post it in several installments. Don't look for Molly's humor here, she'll be back in a couple of weeks.

I hope you enjoy:


On Writing, Friendship, and Canadian Tree Fairies

My friend Charlotte was diagnosed with Lou Gherig's disease, which is a slow way to die. Back when she was stronger, we took a writing class together at Diablo Valley College, and during one of the writing exercises, Charlotte wondered:
If you discover a fairy in your back yard, will the EPA classify it as an endangered species?
Will you have to file an Environmental Impact Report to dig up your petunias?
Maybe you should just call the exterminator.

Charlotte never finished the story. Sometime later, she asked me to do it. Being a little dense, I didn't realize at the time that she was giving me the story because she was dying and giving away all the things she cared about.  So here is, and here's lots of love to you, Charlotte.


 "Iverson's Vision Quest."

No comments:

Post a Comment