Temporary Address

Temporary Address

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Jury Duty - Elaine's Version






This is Molly’s human, Elaine, setting the record straight about jury duty.

 I like to write as Molly because she is much cuter than I am. Molly thinks blogging and computers are a waste of time that could be put to better use - like taking her for a walk.
Yes, I had jury duty. Molly did not get to come with me. I was an alternate juror, and didn’t get to vote on the verdict. The jury found him guilty. I don’t know what sentence the judge handed down. 
Parking was a pain. Other than that, jury duty wasn't bad. 
I did doodle during the trial, but any doodling I did was handed in and destroyed at the end of my service. The doodling shown on the July 27th post was done earlier during various meetings and writing classes I went to.
Caesar was a figment of my imagination. Two of the officers who testified work with police dogs, and that’s where I got the idea of a police dog taking the stand.
I hope you liked my story.

Now here comes a shameless sales pitch: “Temporary Address” is a serious work. Please check it out. You can read it by clicking the photos on the right. Buy the Kindle version on Amazon.com or a paperback or e-book on Lulu.com. (click the "Lulu" button at the top of my blog.) Barnes & Noble also caries the e-book.
If you like any of my writing, please tell your friends.

As Molly would say, licks and tail wags to you all,

Elaine Glimme

No comments:

Post a Comment