Temporary Address

Temporary Address

Friday, June 21, 2013

The Molly Chronicles - Jury Duty



Jury Duty – Day 1

As I said yesterday, my human and I have been summoned for jury duty. I’m pleased and humbled – and just thrilled with the prospect of serving. As you know Border Collies have a great sense of duty and a work ethic second to no man or beast.
We appeared Wednesday morning, and had to pass through a metal detector. The sheriffs at the door normally wouldn’t let a dog into the building, but they could tell at once what a noble animal I am; so they let me in, no questions asked.
I must state for the record that I understand their “no dogs in the courthouse” policy. Can you imagine the trouble Astro would cause if he were ever allowed inside? He’d chew up everything from the attorney’s briefs to the briefs that the defendants were wearing. And he’d probably bark and he'd slobber all over everyone’s faces.

As for Buddy, he’d just lift his leg and pee on the judge. 



1 comment:

  1. If more dogs were allowed on juries, we'd have a lot less crime

    ReplyDelete